Venue for BCSE 2016 Preliminary Examination (PE)
The Royal Civil Service Commission would like to announce that the candidates were given an option to indicate their preferred venue for the Preliminary Examination during e-Registration.
However, the Royal Civil Service Commission noted that only a small number of candidates opted to appear Preliminary Examination in Mongar and Gelephu. As such, the RCSC regrets to inform that Preliminary Examination cannot be conducted in Mongar and Gelephu.
Therefore, all candidates are required to report to Thimphu for Preliminary Examination as per the schedule.
Distribution of candidates for respective examination centres in Thimphu shall be announced soon.
BHUTAN CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION 2016
The Royal Civil Service Commission is pleased to announce the Bhutan Civil Service Examination (BCSE) 2016 for recruitment of University Graduates in Professional & Management position category in the Civil Service:
STAGE I: PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION
- The objective of Preliminary Examination (PE) shall be to shortlist candidates for the Main Examination and ensure minimum standard required of a candidate.
- A candidate shall be permitted to appear PE up to a maximum of three attempts only.
- Preliminary Examination Papers shall be common to all categories of graduates.
- Preliminary Examination shall be objective type questions to test English and Dzongkha communication skills, logic and analytical, problem solving and data interpretation abilities of the candidates.
- Candidates shall be required to answer in the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) answer sheet provided by the RCSC.
- Only those candidates who achieve the minimum cut off marks are eligible to sit for the Main Examination.
- Marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination shall not be carried forward to the Main Examination and shall be valid only for that particular year.
STAGE II: MAIN EXAMINATION
- The objective of the Main Examination is to test candidate's core competencies and subject/general knowledge for final selection.
- A candidate shall be permitted to appear ME up to a maximum of two attempts only.
- Candidates appearing the Main Examination shall be grouped under the following categories of BCSE:
- Post Graduate Diploma in Public Administration (PGDPA);
- Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Management (PGDFM);
- Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE);
- Technical Graduates: Positions requiring technical subject knowledge and Law graduates for PGDNL; and
- Dzongkha Graduates: Teaching positions (PGDE) in Schools and other positions in Agencies requiring Dzongkha knowledge.
- Main Examination shall consist of the following three parts with the corresponding weightage:
- Part I: Academic Achievement (AA) - 10%
- Part II: Written Examination (WE) - 70%
- Part III: Viva Voce (VV) - 20%
Have a minimum of Bachelor's Degree of at least three years duration from an Institute recognized by the relevant authorities of the Royal Government in the relevant field with the exception for the following:
- a) Candidates from Shedras, who are awarded equivalent Bachelors/Masters Degree in two years;
- b) With a minimum of two-year Bachelors Degree acquired by in-service candidates with minimum of Class X and Certificate/Diploma of two years or more, if duly validated by the Royal University of Bhutan/Bhutan Accreditation Council/Bhutan Medical and Health Council and other similar authorities empowered by an Act of the Parliament, for in-service Civil Service candidates; and
- c)With Masters Degree but without Bachelors Degree approved by the RCSC for in-service Civil Service candidates prior to 2nd September, 2007.
Meet the following subject requirements:
- PGDPA: Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in any field.
- PGDFM: Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Commerce/Economics (Honours)/Economics (Majors)/Business Administration/Business Management.
- PGDE: Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree/Masters Degree with at least one relevant subject prescribed for the Bhutanese School Syllabus or Higher Educational Institute Programme and has obtained the minimum qualifying marks in the subject at the Bachelor's Degree examination, if prescribed.
- Technical: Relevant field of specialization.
- PGDNL: Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Law.
- Dzongkha: Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Dzongkha/Buddhist Studies
Click Here to View the BCSE 2016 SCHEDULE
- A graduate wishing to appear for the BCSE shall register online at bcse.rcsc.gov.bt
- Registered candidates shall be provided with information on the venue, date and time of the Preliminary Examination.
- Candidates who qualify in the Preliminary Examination shall be required to report in person for verification and confirmation for the Main Examination with the following documents in original as well as a complete set of photocopies:
- Bhutanese Citizenship Identity Card;
- Must have applied for Security Clearance Certificate online, which the official Focal Person of the RCSC shall verify;
- Class X transcripts;
- Class XII transcripts;
- Degree certificate/provisional certificate and academic transcripts by semester-wise/year-wise or consolidated statement of marks;
- Medical fitness certificate issued by a competent RGoB medical doctor;
- A graduate in medical and health profession shall produce a certificate of registration from the Bhutan Medical and Health Council;
- Original "No Objection Certificate for appearing BCSE and appointment in the Civil Service" from the employer, if employed
- Two recent passport photographs;
- Three legal stamps;
- Letter of Undertaking (available during the time of verification); and
- Bhutanese Citizenship Identity card of the witness.
- Certificate of Merit (if any) should be produced in original during
the time of Viva Voce only.
- Registration of applicants for the Main Examination with incomplete documents will not be accepted.
For MBBS graduates where the requirement in the Civil Service far exceeds supply, the PE may be exempted. However, this can be ascertained only after the e-Registration is complete. Information regarding exemption from the PE would be made available on the RCSC website one week after the e-Registration deadline.
Further, the RCSC wishes to facilitate conducting P.E. at various regional centres besides Thimphu for convenience of the candidates. This year, the candidates will be given option to appear P.E. in Gelephu and Mongar.
However, this option is subject to having minimum number of graduates opting to appear P.E. at the designated venues. As such, the RCSC shall make an announcement on our website on 22nd July, 2016 for the candidates who opt Gelephu and Mongar regarding the confirmation to conduct the PE at their optional venue submitted during e-Registration.
In-service candidates who have attained 35 years of age and above are requested to fill up this form (Click here to download the Form)and send to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a copy of your Citizenship Identity Card and complete your e-registration upon receipt of intimation from the RCSC.
For any clarification, please contact the Civil Service Examination Division, RCSC Secretariat @ 77193223/77193224/02-339237 during office hours.
Click here to Register